Tell Your Friends about Robotic Freedom
The article Robotic Nation and the book Manna paint a picture of a robotic future that will be upon us before we know it. Robots are inevitable. The computer power needed to reach parity with the human brain will be available in the near future. Smart robots will displace tens of millions of people from their jobs.
The only systematic solution to this problem is to make each person in America economically independent. We should use robots as an opportunity to give every person true economic freedom for the first time in human history.
The article Robotic Freedom proposes a way to reach that goal: create an annual stipend paid equally to each and every citizen. The book Manna proposes that each person gets an equal share of the robots' output. Either way, human beings all go on perpetual vacation while the robots do all the work. That is the goal.
How do we make perpetual vacation a reality? There are two steps:
Right now, we are all living in an environment of incredible economic vulnerability. If you lose your job, and if you are unable to find another one, then you are homeless. As soon as you realize that you are no longer willing to live with that kind of vulnerability, and as soon as you start talking about it with the people around you, then we are on the path to a solution.
- Step 1 - Decide for yourself that you, personally, will benefit from economic independence.
- Step 2 - Send email and talk to your friends, neighbors and co-workers about economic independence. Spread the word to the people around you. If enough people in our society understand how important economic freedom is, and if they are actively discussing it and insiting on its creation, then it will happen.
The way to accomplish the goal is to have millions of people understanding the value of true economic freedom and actively talking about it.
- Send email to the people you know and include a link to the Robotic Freedom article.
- Talk to people at work about the idea of a $25,000/year stipend.
- Spread the word to people in your neighborhood, your chuch, your school, etc.
Spread the word...